In 1986, the International Gaming Technology company launched a system of progressive jackpots in land-based casinos, which brought together pokies in the casinos around the world, including New Zealand. The opportunity to win a massive amount of money, growing with each bet, has pleased New Zealand gamblers, dreaming of instant wealth.
In the mid-nineties, just if the beginning of the era of online casinos, gambling providers picked up the idea of progressive jackpots right way. Now, the leading software developers offer such games in most of the online casinos of New Zealand, and they are in high demand among the users.
If you also dream of a stunning win, read the articles in this section of the New Zealand gambling guide. It is dedicated to various topics that are directly related to the jackpots. First of all, we discuss online casinos related issues, but also related topics.
Types of casino jackpots
First of all, jackpots can be divided into two major groups.
- A fixed jackpot has a fixed amount.
- A progressive jackpot increases with each bet made by the player.
In turn, there are different types of progressive jackpots:
- A stand-alone jackpot is drawn on a single pokie or only at a particular table.
- A casino's exclusive jackpot is available in several games of the house. It can be a line of online pokies or different games, but only in this casino.
- A chain jackpot is offered at numerous casinos by a software provider. For example, all New Zealand users who play for money on the legendary Mega Moolah pokie by Microgaming at different online casinos are fighting for huge progressive jackpots.
Chain jackpots seem to be the most attractive because they can reach up to several million. But do not forget that hundreds of thousands of users in New Zealand and around the world claim this money.
How jackpots work
Progressive jackpots are formed on the same general principles. Their amounts are increasing due to the deduction of a small part of the players' bets. Most often we are talking about 1%, although other options are possible in New Zealand.
In case a progressive jackpot requires additional bets, then exactly this money goes to the prize fund. This approach is used in blackjack and some other casino games in New Zealand.
Find out about the rules and nuances of the jackpot drawing below.
Games with progressive jackpots
Most online casinos draw progressive jackpots on online pokies. Less often they are offered on classic pokies, blackjack, table poker, video poker, roulette and games of other genres.
Let's see how to win a progressive jackpot in a particular casino game.
- Progressive Online Pokies – you will find hundreds of pokies with progressive jackpots at online casinos of New Zealand. Terms may vary so much that they should be considered separately for each game. The best way to understand them is to read our pokie reviews at Casinoz New Zealand and test the game (however, some jackpot pokies are not available in a fun mode). Often, the same pokie can draw multiple progressive amounts.
- Progressive Blackjack – progressive jackpots in blackjack almost always require an additional bet. Usually, it is fixed (for example, 1 dollar). The amount goes to the one who makes the winning combination. In the Progressive Blackjack by Playtech, you need to get 4 aces of the same suit in the first 4 cards on the box. Also, this game offers fixed payouts for other combinations of aces.
- Progressive Video Poker – to get a progressive jackpot in video poker, most often you need to make the most valuable combination, playing by the maximum bet. Usually, it is the Royal Flush. Sometimes it is a Royal Flush of a particular suit (e.g., diamonds in Progressive Deuces Wild Poker by Microgaming).
- Progressive Caribbean Poker – Caribbean stud poker draws progressive jackpots the side bet. Royal flush brings the full amount, straight flush gives 10%, and flush, full house, and quads mean winning a fixed amount.
Progressive jackpots are also available in some roulettes, keno, bingos, and arcade games by well-known software developers.
How to win casino jackpot in New Zealand?
The random number generator plays the role of fortune at online casinos. But even the randomizer "does not know" who will get the progressive jackpot until the very last moment.
The following tips on how to win a progressive jackpot do not guarantee success but help New Zealand players to avoid annoying mistakes.
- Make sure you can claim the jackpot. In some games, progressive jackpots are played at the maximum bet. Can you afford it? Often the probability of winning the progressive amount increases with increasing the bets. If you play on the lower end, your chances are slim.
- Choose games with a high enough RTP. It is no secret that games with progressive jackpots often have a low level of return to the player. It is better to give preference to more profitable pokies.
- Do not go beyond the bankroll, even if the jackpot seems very likely to you. This is the right way to get addicted. Always set the range of bets, time spent in the casino and the amount of the maximum loss in advance. Never exceed the limits.
- Remember about the variance. Jackpot games are often characterized by a high degree of variability that must be considered when choosing bets and the overall strategy.
- Make sure you are comfortable with the jackpot rules of the casino.
In general, the recommendations are to study the T&C carefully and to play cautiously.
How are casino jackpots paid out in New Zealand?
The payment terms for progressive jackpots depend on the operator and the software provider, the amount won and other criteria. Check out the casino's user agreement, where it is usually explained separately with a detailed description of all the nuances.
The most massive progressive jackpots are usually paid in several installments. Sometimes, a customer has a choice between a lump sum or monthly payments. Often, in the second case, the client can benefit from more favorable terms, that's why many gamblers of New Zealand prefer it.
Online casinos rarely refuse to pay out progressive jackpots. In land-based casinos, such cases are not uncommon, but they are almost always associated with a faulty operation of pokies or jackpot systems.
Articles about jackpots at Casinoz New Zealand
This section of the gambling guide provides info about jackpots of different types offered by offline and online casinos in New Zealand and all over the world.
We have no special classification, but the articles can be divided into thematic groups:
- General information about jackpots with the detailed description of types, rules, and other aspects;
- Progressive jackpots of particular software producers;
- Features of progressive jackpots in different games;
- Interesting jackpot-related stories from New Zealand gamblers.
We add new articles all the time, so stay tuned.
To win a multi-million jackpot in a casino is a cherished dream of every New Zealand gambler. Yes, the chances of breaking a huge pot are small, but sometimes fortune gives a smile to the lucky ones. Who knows, maybe next time it will pay attention to you.
But do not rely only on luck. Casinoz experts will help you in the fight for a substantial jackpot.