Tournaments among casino players are a popular trend both in offline and online gambling. Numerous land-based and online casinos in New Zealand offer different tournaments games.
On this page of Casinoz New Zealand, we discuss all kinds of blackjack tournaments available on the web. Both New Zealand pro gamblers, longing to check their skills, and novice players, ready to challenge the pros, are attracted to this kind of event.
Features of blackjack tournaments
Before you sign up for a blackjack tournament, make sure you understand the critical aspects. You may play like a pro, using a perfect strategy, card counting, and other techniques, but fail to compete with other New Zealand users.
Let's highlight the main features of the tournaments:
- Your opponents are other casino customers and the casino itself represented by the dealer.
- You need not just to beat the dealer, but also get a higher score than other participants.
- Everyone plays on equal terms, but it is possible to purchase additional credits.
- Tournaments are limited in time and may take several stages.
- A blackjack tournament can be held on one or more tables.
Be aware of all these points when developing tactics and strategies.
Types of blackjack tournaments in New Zealand
We can classify New Zealand blackjack tournaments by the following features:
- Structure – one or multiple stages;
- Scale – in one or several casinos;
- Access – all customers or selected club members;
- Entry fee – paid or free tournament;
- Additional purchases – option to purchase additional credits;
- Duration – short or long;
- Games – one or multiple games;
- Prize fund – money, comp points, bonuses;
- Picking the winner – who wins;
- Distribution of prize money – number winners, part of the prize fund paid to every winner;
- Other options – all sorts of unique features.
Learning the rules of blackjack tournaments, check out all characteristics. Some of them may not suit you.
Most often, blackjack tournaments take the following stages:
- Players gather in the casino at the arranged time.
- If an entry fee is required, they make their payments.
- Participants get a certain number of chips.
- Then they play against the casino progressing to a knockout stage.
- Players with a minimal score get out of the game at the end of each round.
- The winner and prize-winners are picked by the same rule during the final draw.
This is an average order. Any gambling operator in New Zealand can arrange tournaments on their own rules.
Online or offline?
Initially, such events were held in the brick and mortar casinos, as the first blackjack tournaments in New Zealand were held many decades ago. At the present time, it is common on gambling sites.
Which option is better? We have no definite answer. Every New Zealand user has his preferences. Also, some players don't have an opportunity to participate in offline events.
The advantages of online casino tournaments are obvious:
- Available anywhere in the world;
- No side costs;
- Friendly environment;
- You can use cheat sheets;
- Guaranteed participation, etc.
Tournaments in land-based casinos attract by a lot of heat, an opportunity to look into the opponent's eyes, communication with other New Zealand enthusiasts, and other undoubted advantages.
Anyway, it's up to you.
Tips for blackjack tournament players
Some expert tips for successful participation in blackjack tournaments.
- Choose the ones you can afford. Those with a small bankroll won't be able to play against the high rollers when betting limits are high. Also, it might be hard to compete with VIP players, if additional purchases are offered.
- If a blackjack tournament is free, make sure the prize fund is of your interest. It may be tiny or built of some conventional units, not money.
- Before the tournament, make sure you are familiar with the rules of this particular blackjack and pick the best game strategy.
- Remember that your primary goal is to defeat your opponents, not the dealers.
- Don't force things. Give the hottest players a chance to go off the tournament without your help.
- Watch out for opponents' bankrolls. In a land-based casino, you can visually measure the number of other players' chips. Online tournaments usually provide a table with the current results.
- You should use a strategy playing in blackjack tournaments. However, you can deviate from the standard recommendations in the final stages, if you need to take risks in order to win.
- Card counting and other professional techniques may also help you, although they are not always effective in blitz tournaments.
Read more about the insights of the game in tournaments in our articles.
Blackjack tournaments reviews at Casinoz New Zealand
This section provides information about the best events of the most popular online casinos of New Zealand.
The key points discussed in the reviews:
- Time and place;
- How to sign up;
- Details of the T&C;
- Distribution of the prize fund;
- Other casino tournaments;
- Conclusions with the pros and cons.
You are welcome to write reviews to the tournament, read stories of other New Zealand players, and ask questions to the experts.
Casino blackjack tournaments give an opportunity to test your skills and bring diversity to the gameplay but also allow you to fight for a large prize fund.
Winners of the largest events leave with impressive amounts. However, winning such competition may be difficult because you need to overcome multiple opponents, many of which are New Zealand pro gamblers.
If you're not afraid of competition, ready to learn and desperate to fight, read the reviews of blackjack tournaments at Casinoz.