eCommerce and Online Gaming Regulation and Assurance is a British company, which is an independent agency that specializes in the certification of software and platforms for online gambling, conducts testing of random number generators, fixes the levels of return in casino games, contributes to the resolution of disputes, as well as performs other services in the gambling industry.
eCOGRA was founded in the UK in 2003, and since then its partners and customers have become hundreds of large online casinos, well-known gambling operators, famous software developers and other companies involved in different areas of gambling. The organization is accredited by UKAS (the United Kingdom Accreditation Service), allowing it to engage in similar activities in the United Kingdom and Denmark. It cooperates with several gambling regulators, which gives it the opportunity to work in different gambling jurisdictions. Employees of the company have extensive experience in law, financial sector, IT sector, and business administration. All of them are certified specialists and in the past were employees of large audit firms. ECOGRA test engineers have been working in online gambling for a long time and are experts in modern computer technologies. eCOGRA provides maximum protection to employees against any internal or external pressure, enabling them to act independently and deliver honest audit results. Data on all managers of the organization you will find on the website. The company has many goals and objectives, including the following:
- Protection of vulnerable players;
- Control of honesty of game process (check of RNG and theoretical return);
- Countering the involvement of minors in gambling;
- The fight against fraudulent activities in gambling;
- Ensuring the protection of personal information of customers;
- Support service testing.
According to the official data of the company, it has made more than five hundred audits of various operators and software manufacturers (not counting the monthly tests of random number generators and determining the return in games).
Types of services
eCOGRA is accredited to operate in several jurisdictions including the following: Alderney, Bulgaria, Croatia, Denmark, Estonia, Gibraltar, Isle of Man, Italy, Kahnawake, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Portugal, Romania, Spain, and the United Kingdom. The company provides the following services and issues the following documents to partners:
- Safe and Fair Seal - this seal is issued to gambling operators who fully comply with the requirements set out in a document called eCOGRA’s Generally Accepted Practice (eGAP). It takes into account various parameters, including the integrity of the games, the appropriate level of customer protection, responsible behavior of the operator and so on.
- Certified Software Seal - this seal is intended for software developers and gambling platform providers whose products meet eGAP requirements.
- Live Dealer Seal - this seal is obtained by studios with live dealers who work in accordance with eGAP.
- Affiliate Trust Seal - this seal is awarded to the organizers of partner programs that provide high-level services.
- eCOGRA Independently Audited – Employees of the company test the work of random number generators and record return rates in different categories of games, publishing data in the form of special reports.
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) - this service deals with alternative dispute resolution between customers and operators if the situation requires the intervention of an independent mediator.
Detailed information on all types of services can be obtained on the website or in the support service.
The above-mentioned alternative dispute resolution service (ADR) helps the parties to find a way out of the impasse when they cannot reach an agreement without the intervention of intermediaries.
A player can apply on the eCOGRA website by fulfilling several conditions. First, you need to make sure that the casino he wants to file a complaint against is on the list of websites approved by this organization. Next, you need to fill out a questionnaire (ADR dispute form), indicating reliable personal data, information about the institution, as well as the reason for the appeal.
Further, the administration will contact the user and the casino administration to help the parties find a way out of this situation.
eCOGRA has already helped resolve more than six thousand disputes.
About eighty operators and software providers, including Unibet, 32Red, bwin, constantly cooperate with eCOGRA.party, 888, bet365, Betway, Microgaming, Boss Media, Casino Rewards Group, Ladbrokes and Net Entertainment. The full list of partners of the company you will find on its official portal.