No decent casino will tolerate scammers within its walls. Offline clubs and virtual institutions kick out sharpers out without delay and do not leave without punishment visitors who violate the rules of imprudence.
But gambling operators struggle not only with obvious scammers. Often, they also pursue pragmatic clients who use theoretical knowledge and practical skills to beat the casino as often as possible. They are accused of so-called advantage play or Advantage gambling.
This phenomenon is devoted to the article.
What is an advantage game?
Let's try to give a brief and understandable to each reader definition of the term:
Advantage game - a set of legal methods by which the client receives a mathematical superiority over the institution.
Please note that we are talking about ways that are not actually a violation of the laws. Marked cards, loaded dice, deck substitution and other tricks of sharps also help to win, but it is a fraud.
The advantage game means the ability of the client to use certain points of the rules, shortcomings in the dealer's work, shortcomings in the bonus program and other features of the club, allowing to benefit from them.
A classic example of advantage gambling is card counting in blackjack. Counters can not be sued or put behind bars, so the operators create unbearable conditions for them or simply kicked out of the casino, citing internal rules.
Of course, professionals are not limited to blackjack. To some extent, the principles of advantage play can be successfully applied in many other gambling games: poker, video poker, craps, baccarat, roulette, and even slot machines.
Moreover, they also benefit from loyalty programs, cashback system, prize draws and other promotions. They do not ignore the free services offered to regular customers.
Often advantage gambling is an extensive set of measures that allow you to turn gambling into a stable source of income.
More about them is described below.
Basic concepts of advantage game for money
Almost all casino gambling has a mathematical advantage of the institution also known as house edge. This indicator in different models is presented in a very wide range. For example, in some video poker, it is 0.1%, in European roulette, it is 2.7%, and in craps, it can exceed 15%.
Mathematical superiority shows what part of the bets the client loses on an infinitely long run. So, the longer you play European roulette, the closer your loss will be to 2.7% of the total amount of bets.
Advantage players choose models with minimal casino advantage, and then use various tricks that allow them not only to get rid of it but even to come out in a plus. In other words, they do their best to theoretical return (Return to Player, RTP) exceeded 100%.
For example, the basic strategy and card count allow you to achieve this in offline blackjack. In some models of video poker, the optimal strategy is enough for RTP to be above 100%.
Sometimes the rules do not allow you to get a mathematical superiority over the casino, but the skillful use of the bonus policy of the institution allows you to make a living playing.
Psychological aspects and other features
It is important to understand that adventive players do not always remain in the black. A single session can be unsuccessful even for the most skilled and experienced client. Professionals count on a long period, so it is important for them to have the following character:
- Stress resistance,
- Endurance and so on.
They should not lose their temper, be distracted or lean on alcohol. They don't have time to have a nice chat with their neighbors at the table, because mistakes can cost them too much. By the way, trying to pass themselves off as an ordinary client, many masters do not avoid communication with other visitors.
It is also necessary to have a sufficient supply of money. A large bankroll allows you to wait out the black bars, and they are inevitable. If the financial situation of the advantage player leaves much to be desired, he reduces the rates, so as not to completely go bankrupt.
The reaction of the casino
Gambling operators are not happy about professionals trying to make a living via gambling. The rules of establishments usually state that they provide services for entertainment purposes. Sometimes there are unambiguous statements that advantage methods are prohibited, but often the administration representatives decide what actions of the client can be interpreted in this way.
At offline casinos, any successful blackjack player can be called a counter and put out the door. In the best case, he will begin to plot: burn cards in the dark, cut off half of the shoe and so on.
Also, a lucky player can be accused of other sins:
- Peeping the cards of the dealer,
- Sharing information with other visitors,
- Abuse of promotions and so on.
In online casinos, gambling operators also have plenty of ways to spoil the client's life. Claims can be different, but most often they are related to promotins or money deposit/withdrawal :
- Violation of bonus program rules,
- Incorrect wagering of bonuses,
- Order payouts without scrolling the Deposit the required number of times and the like.
Of course, decent online casinos value players, do not trifle and do not make unfounded accusations.
Advantive approach to different gambling games
Experienced users do not get tired of looking for new ways to benefit from the models of different genres and related services that gambling establishments provide. How they do it in separate categories is described below in the article.
Of course, these are not detailed instructions, but only brief reviews. To learn how to play professionally at the casino, read the thematic publications at Casinoz.
It is impossible to talk about the advantage game without mentioning blackjack. It's a classic, a foundation. Anyone interested in casinos has heard about basic strategy, card counting, and other techniques. Most amateurs try to master them and put them into practice.
Unfortunately, the popularity of blackjack played a cruel joke on it. Now, even in the world's largest gambling entertainment centers, it is not easy to find a variety with really favorable rules. And if you manage to find such a table, be prepared that your every move will be considered almost under a microscope.
Once again, we remind readers of Casinoz that many tricks of professionals do not work in online blackjack. For example, it makes no sense to count cards in a game on a random number generator.
Let's highlight a few techniques of advantage blackjack players:
- Search for the most profitable model - First of all, you need to find a table with the maximum theoretical return. If the mathematical advantage of the casino is initially too high, it will not be possible to get rid of it. Each paragraph of the rules affects the RTP. Experienced customers can calculate the level of excellence of the institution by running their eyes through the list of rules.
- Optimal strategy development - basic blackjack strategy is a standard set of recommendations for the main types of games, but sometimes they need to be adjusted to achieve better results.
- Card counting – there Are several popular methods of card counting in blackjack. Even the simplest ways make it possible to beat the casino. Advanced systems allow you to play even more successfully.
- Card tracking is a complex technique by which professionals remember the location of certain cards in a shoe or deck. As a rule, this can be achieved if the croupier does not do the shuffle carefully enough.
- Dealer card peeping – in real casinos, you can find out what the dealer's closed card is in American blackjack. Naturally, having this information, the client easily beats the dealer.
Other tricks are also used. Some of them are close to fraud, so we will not focus on them in this article.
Of course, operators struggle with advantage blackjack players. They use different methods:
- Shuffle machines constantly shuffle cards without leaving them in the bump, making the score useless.
- Authorization and databases allow the discovery of known counters.
- Systems of analysis of the behavior of players give the chance to calculate professionals.
However, the real masters still manage to beat the casino. Some places even go with them to deal with. Operators provide them with free VIP-class services but take their word that they will not play for their money.
In the so-called Blackjack Hall of Fame, are listed the names of the most famous players. But knowledgeable people say that many of the best masters avoid publicity in order to continue quietly cashing in on the casino.
Advantive video poker game
Video poker is interesting to professionals because in some models the mathematical advantage is on the player's side. Here are some examples with a theoretical return above one hundred percent:
- Fullpay Loose Deuces Poker – 100.97%
- Downtown Deuces – 100.92%
- Fullpay Deuces Wild – 100.76%
- Fullpay Joker Poker – 100.64%
- Double Bonus – 100.17%
- Super Bonus Deuces Wild, 10/7 – 100.13%
- Double Double Bonus 10/6 – 100.07%
Most of them are offered in offline gambling establishments, but some games are found in online casinos.
To achieve such RTP performance, you need to play the optimal strategy, selected specifically for each of the above models.
Another advantage of the advantive video poker game is that the client can not be accused of counting cards. It has almost no contact with the staff of the institution, so it is difficult to find fault with him at all.
Gambling operators understand that video poker with a high theoretical return is a danger for them, so they introduce various restrictions for fans of this gambling.
- Video poker is usually not allowed to be used for wagering bonuses.
- Comp points are counted at very low odds.
- Cashback may not apply to customers playing video poker.
- Video poker tournaments are held much less often than slots, and the rules are less profitable.
- The most profitable devices are not found everywhere. Often these are technically outdated models with slow gameplay and inconvenient interface.
However, video poker attracts thousands of advancers around the world.
Advantive poker vs casino
Next, we will talk about the varieties of table poker, in which the player is the opponent of the institution. Club poker will be left for other publications.
Caribbean Poker, Casino Hold'em, Let It Ride and other varieties of poker against the casino are not as interesting to advantiage players as video poker. The reason is obvious:
They have a fairly high mathematical superiority of the institution.
Usually, this figure is two to three percent, and it is impossible to get rid of it with the help of a basic strategy.
Sometimes a casino is satisfied with the action, in which the RTP in poker significantly increases. For example, in Oasis Poker, a Joker is triggered for several hands, which replaces other cards in poker combinations. If there is an opportunity to participate only in these surrenders, you can not miss it.
Another fantastic advantage for professionals is the unscrupulous attitude of the casino to the exchange of information between the neighbors at the table. Technically, this is a violation of the rules, but it happens that dealers and pit bosses do not find fault with players who look at each other's cards. The author of the article happened to be in institutions where it was not forbidden to open five boxes and aloud to discuss possible deals.
In general, most casino table poker games are not profitable for the client, but various additional nuances can make them attractive for experienced players.
Craps and advantage game
Let us immediately warn the readers of Casinoz that the online casino leaves almost no chance for professionals. Yes, in some bets, the player acts almost on an equal footing with the institution, but the client will not be able to get a mathematical advantage in any way. You can use betting systems, but they will not help to achieve RTP above one hundred percent.
It will also be difficult to count on bonuses and comp points because for fans of craps there are usually strict restrictions in promotions. For example, to fulfill the conditions of the wager in this game is often impossible.
In a real casino, craps attract both gamblers and advantage players. Scammers use "charged" dice and other scam tricks. We will not talk about them in this article.
Professionals who do not violate the law, resort to other methods. The most famous technique is considered to be a controlled roll of dice.
Recall that in offline gambling establishments, customers themselves roll the dice at the craps tables. It is believed that experienced masters are able to do it in such a way that the combinations they need to fall out more often. For example, famous experts Stanford Wong and Frank Scoblete insisted that she mastered this trick.
I must say that many authorities question the realism of the controlled throw. Numerous books, publications in mass media and even scientific researches are devoted to this subject. It is also addressed in articles at Casinoz.
In the distant past, baccarat lovers played against each other. During the game process, they made decisions on which the outcome of the round depended. In other words, it was an intellectual and quite challenging game of chance, in which much depended on the skill.
Casino operators adapted baccarat, remaking it to suit their needs. Currently, real clubs and online portals offer a mini version with very simple rules. Customers do not need to make complex decisions and conduct calculations. They only need to make one of three bets before the start of the draw. Then they have to watch what is happening and hope for luck.
At the same time, baccarat remains one of the most profitable games for the visitor. In bets on the victory of the banker or conditional player laid a low advantage of the institution. But completely get rid of it will not succeed.
In offline casinos, some customers try to count cards in baccarat, but this technique hardly allows them to achieve mathematical superiority.
Advantive roulette players
If you have often been to real casinos, you have probably met many customers who consider themselves roulette experts. They have many years of gaming experience. They have dozens of fascinating stories about major victories. They are always ready to give advice on how to play roulette. But 99% of the time you're dealing with addicted laypeople with an impressive negative balance.
The reality is:
If you are not going to cheat, roulette is not suitable for a professional casino game.
Exceptions are very rare. You can beat the institution on roulette in such cases:
- The equipment is outdated or incorrectly installed, which is why certain numbers fall out more often than others.
- The dealers are working in a slipshod manner, whereby it is possible to even remotely predict the results of their throws.
- At the casino, there are very profitable promotions that apply to roulette.
Gambling experts and simple gamblers often discuss the topic of visual ballistics. The question is whether it is possible to find out by the movement of the ball and other criteria what number will fall during the spin.
Of course, this is an incredibly difficult task, which is hardly possible to cope without special equipment. But the use of auxiliary technical means is considered fraud in all casinos, so we will not focus on this method in this article.
For the same reason we will not consider frauds with chips and other tricks of sharps on roulette.
Advantive slot machines
Most slots are not suitable for advantage play due to too low RTP rates. Agree, 95%, 96% and even 97% is very little. It is not possible to deprive the casino of the mathematical advantage inherent in the machines. Neither betting systems nor other tricks of this kind reduce the theoretical return.
However, online casino slot machines have a serious advantage. They are usually covered by all promotions (although you need to clarify this point in each case).
- On slots you can win back bonuses.
- They are awarded comp points.
- They provide free spins and so on.
- Free slot tournaments are also not uncommon in Internet gambling.
It turns out that an experienced player can at least partially compensate for the superiority of the institution, taking advantage of such privileges.
Slot machines with progressive jackpots should be mentioned separately. As the cumulative amount increases, the casino advantage decreases. At some point, RTP can exceed 100%. This is also used by advantage players.
Casino tournament advantage play
Tournaments have long been in demand among customers of gambling establishments. Many years ago, they were adopted by the operators of real clubs, and in recent years, such events are everywhere arranged in online casinos. Often, the rules of participation and the format of competitions give advantage players the opportunity to turn them into their additional tool.
For example, online casinos can hold free tournaments with a prize pool of such units:
- Real money (what is of the greatest interest),
- Bonus credits that you need to win back later,
- Free spins,
- Comp points of the loyalty program,
- Valuable thing.
Participants of the online casino tournament can be considered all customers who at the specified time make bets with money on the involved models. Winners are determined by maximum payouts, total turnover, total winnings or some other criteria.
Accordingly, an experienced user can choose the model with the maximum RTP, play the optimal strategy in the normal mode and try to get a part of the prize fund.
In slot tournaments, the player has to rely on luck for the most part. When it comes to blackjack or video poker tournaments, the theoretical knowledge and practical skills of the participants come to the fore.
Casinoz published feature articles with recommendations on how to play casino tournaments to be more often among the winners.
Gambling with cumulative jackpots was mentioned above in the article. Many users claim that they manage to earn a decent amount by playing progressive slots. A separate article at Casinoz is devoted to the activity of one of them.
Let us briefly explain what we are talking about. Initially, the machines with growing jackpots have a low level of theoretical return. It is not uncommon for models in which it barely exceeds 90%. But with the increase of the jackpot amount (and sometimes several of them in one machine), RTP grows. At some point, this figure exceeds 100%.
This means that the player gains mathematical superiority over the institution.
But do not forget that we are talking about the theory. Large jackpots are very rare, and thousands of customers claim them. You can really compete for them in small establishments with local progressive jackpots, if it is obvious that the competition is not very high. But if there are millions of dollars at stake and tens or hundreds of thousands of players scattered around the world are fighting for them, the probability of victory is minimal.
However, professionals still manage to find profitable jackpots in slots and other gambling games, so we will not argue that this practice does not make sense.
An integrated approach to the advantage game
The experience of thousands of players makes it clear that all available measures used in the complex work best. You need to use every opportunity to reduce the mathematical advantage of the casino and in some additional way to benefit from the proposals of the institution.
Improve yourself in the chosen game, but do not focus on one direction. The most successful customers are constantly looking for weaknesses in the casino and do not hesitate to strike at them.
Jean Scott learned to make money on loyalty programs. Peter Liston has mastered playing progressive slots. Stanford Wong shamelessly took advantage of an inflated coefficient on the table for Sik Bo at the Grand casino.
Take their example.
Tips for beginners
Finally, we will give readers of Casinoz some practical tips on advantage casino game, breaking them into thematic categories.
- Do not rely on fortune. Math is your best friend and loyal partner.
- Constantly develop, learn and follow the news of gambling.
- Do not confuse advantage play with fraud. Do not cross the line separating the professional from the sharper.
- Remember that many of the principles discussed in this article are applicable only in real casinos.
- Read training articles at Casinoz.
- No matter what kind of gambling entertainment you prefer, always choose models with the maximum theoretical return.
- Sometimes it makes sense to abandon the most profitable games, if they are associated with strict casino restrictions.
- Do not play blackjack, video poker or table poker unless you have at least a basic strategy.
- Play progressive slots only if the jackpot amount is high enough for RTP to become acceptable.
- Do not hope that the betting systems in the machines will help you beat the casino.
- All sorts of progressions, algorithms, and strategies on roulette also do not work.
- The most profitable games usually seem boring, and the most spectacular slots usually have a low return rate.
- Never risk real money if you do not have data on the mathematical advantage of the casino in this model and do not know how to play it correctly.
- Allocate a certain amount of money to the game, without which you can do in everyday life.
- Break the bankroll into pieces by planning possible black bars.
- Never go beyond the established financial limits.
- Forget about the credits at the casino and borrowing from other customers.
- Remember that a professional casino game is a routine that has nothing to do with rest and entertainment.
If you want to achieve maximum results, take the advantage game as a job.
- Don't forget about addiction. It is dangerous even for professionals.
- Learn to control yourself in any situation.
- Be prepared to machinations on the part of the casino.
- Be able to leave in the past wins and losses.
Bonuses and promotions
- Learn how to decorate a really attractive promotion from advertising baits.
- Do not refuse really attractive bonuses and offers of other types.
- Try not to pass as a bonus hunter.
- Do not violate the rules of participation in promotions.
- Keep track of events in different casinos, even if you do not play them all the time.
Being a professional player is difficult, but you should adopt the basic principles of the advantage game. If you don't want to do it, ask yourself:
- Why risk money on low RTP slots when you can choose models with much higher returns?
- Why not learn to distinguish the useless promotions from the best bonuses?
- Is it not worth understanding the basic provisions of bankroll management?
A reasonable player is not afraid to ask himself such questions and seeks to find detailed answers to them. In this article will help you Casinoz experts.
Discuss the topic in the comments? We are interested to know your opinion.